Visit our outdoor classroom or we can bring education to your school or event. Participate in our student contests!
The Kay County Conservation District employs an active education program to teach adults and students about conserving their natural resources.
- School Classroom presentations, workshops and puppet shows get students involved in conservation topics. (Click below on Conservation Programming for more details of programs offered and the Common Core Standards covered by each one)
- The KayCoEco Trail Outdoor Classroom offers programs for students to adults. At least a two week notice is needed for program planning. The outdoor classroom is located behind the Farm Service Center at 5501 N Pleasant View Ave in Newkirk, OK. (For more information go to the KayCoEco Trail Page)
- Student Contests are held during the school year. (Click below on Student Contests for more details)
- Presentations at community events are held throughout the year such as Earth Day, Ponca City Herb Festival, Kay County Free Fair, and public libraries.
- Monthly news articles are published on topics of current concerns, program sign –ups, success stories and student contests. (Go to News Articles Page)
- State Legislators and Congressmen are kept up-to-date with conservation concerns.